Rental Facilities at the Forney Museum of Transportation
Right in the middle of the cars!
Seats between 50 and 500 people
Host your event amongst historic bikes and motorcycles!
Can accommodate up to 225 people
Seating for up to 100 people
FACILITY USE RENTALS
- Entire museum (500 max) after 4pm:
- Closed to the public during business hours:
- Event space (350 max):
- 2 hours $1500.00
- 4 hours $2000.00
- 1/2 event space (up to 175):
- 2 hours $800.00
- 4 hours $1000.00
These prices include admission in to the museum. Call for non-profit and extra hours rates.
- Meeting room (100 max):
- 2 hours $250.00; 4 hours $400.00
Admission into the museum is extra. Call for non-profit and extra hours rates.
For an additional fee, event guests participate in a behind the scenes for a specified one-hour time period that must be arranged seven days prior to the event.
Admission charges must be paid seven days prior to the event. If more guests arrive than planned the contracting party must pay for the extra admission the night of the event.
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
The Forney Museum of Transportation is located at 4303 Brighton Blvd., Denver, Colorado 80216
From I-25 Southbound:
take exit 214A (Limon) to I-70 East. Then take Brighton Blvd. exit 275B (Coliseum) and go SW on Brighton Blvd to the Museum. The Museum will be on your right.
From I-25 Northbound:
take exit 214A (Limon) to I-70 East. Then take Brighton Blvd. exit 275B (Coliseum) and go SW on Brighton Blvd
to the Museum. The Museum will be on your right.
There are over 100 parking spaces at the museum. These spaces serve museum visitors and contracting parties on a first come first served basis.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
These rules are for your safety and for the preservation of the artifacts.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the museum.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Unruly or intoxicated parties will be asked
to leave the premises.
- Fireworks are illegal in the City and County of Denver and will not be allowed.
- Animals are not allowed inside the facility unless assisting people with disabilities.
- Climbing on, sitting in, or otherwise engaging in physical contact with museum artifacts including trains, cars, carriages, bicycles, and other implements is not allowed unless indicated at the artifact or exhibit area.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Food and beverage preparation and serving are the responsibility of the contracting party.
- Liquor may be served only in compliance with all applicable laws and ordinances. No liquor may be served to any person who is underage or intoxicated. A copy of the contracting party's or caterer's insurance certificate/policy stating liquor coverage must be provided along with the Facility Use Reservation Form. If the policy is not presented, no liquor will be served on the premises.
- Cleaning areas where food was prepared, served, and consumed is the responsibility of the contracting party.
- All trash must be removed from the building and placed in the outside dumpster.
- Food and beverage must be contained in the meeting rental areas and is not allowed in the museum store or exhibit areas.
EQUIPMENT & DECORATIONS
- Catering including table service, linen, napkin rental, and plant/floral decorations are the expense and responsibility of the
- The contracting party must remove all plant/floral decorations.
- The contracting party must provide needed audio/visual equipment. Do not attach anything to the walls or structures without permission.
- The meeting rooms do not have telephone access. For emergency
situations the museum's telephone may be used.
- Museum staff will set up museum owned tables and chairs for the contracting party if arrangements are discussed at least seven days prior to the event. Tables and chairs provided by rental companies are the responsibility
of the contracting party. If arrangements are not discussed, set up becomes the responsibility of contracting party. A reasonable amount of set-up and clean-up time will be allowed outside of the four hour rental period.
- The caterer may schedule set-up needs and times with the Museum.
- Set-up arrangements must accommodate all needs for access to emergency exits. Under no circumstances can the maximum room capacity be exceeded.
- All deliveries must be made known to the Museum at least 14 days in advance.
Reservations, Deposits, and
The Forney Museum reserves the right to deny use of the facilities to any party.
Reservations will operate on a first come first served basis.
A reservation will be guaranteed only after a deposit has been received and a contract has been signed. The deposit is 50% of the rental fee plus a 25% refundable damage deposit. The remaining balance must be paid three days prior to the event. Admissions must be paid seven days in advance.
Please read this section carefully prior to signing the application.
The contracting party hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Forney Museum and its officers, employees and agents, from any claim, loss, damage, suit, judgment, or expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, in any way rising out of our resulting from the use and occupancy of the Forney Museum facilities by the contracting party's family, friends, guests, service personnel, employees, or agents, including without limitation the cost to replace any property of the Forney Museum which may be damaged or stolen. The contracting party is liable for any and all damages to the Forney Museum facilities and property caused by any member of their party and/or subcontractor (caterer, musician, equipment supplier, etc.).
Additional cleaning done by the Forney Museum will be billed at the rate of $50 per hour. This includes clean up of the parking lot due to littering of plates, cups, and other material.
The Forney Museum is not responsible for materials, equipment, or property of any kind left on the premises.
Hours and Admission
Monday-Saturday 10am to 4pm
Children under 3..Free
*Museum Parking is Free*
*Event parking may vary*
We are closed the following holidays:
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve and Day